3400 employees in more than 74 global locations comprise FedEx Trade Networks.
We are the high-tech solution for international shipping and customs brokerage. Our global teams, firmly in place, assist customers of all sizes to solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally. Maybe that’s why in 2010 Logistics Magazine awarded us with the Quest for Quality-Best Foreign Performance Top Five category award.
Within FedEx Trade Networks is Transport & Brokerage that provides full-service customs brokerage, global ocean and air cargo distribution, North American Transportation and Distribution and other value-added services involved in shipping goods.
This is an exceptional chance for you to build your career with the industry leader in comprehensive global cargo distribution, customs brokerage services and e-commerce solutions. We are growing our global network and our expansion has given rise to the need for experienced and qualified professionals. We offer an excellent salary with a comprehensive package of benefits.
FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage (Canada), Inc. has an immediate opening for a Manager, Regulatory Compliance. This position will provide management direction to the FedEx Trade Networks Canadian regulatory compliance department and the Canadian organization so that FedEx Trade Networks is in compliance with all laws and regulations governing the Company’s activities within Canada pertaining to Customs Brokerage, Freight Forwarding, ancillary services and E-commerce.
The successful candidate will represent and advocate FedEx Trade Networks interests to Canadian governmental agencies and authorities including, but not limited to, the Canada Border Services Agency; (CBSA), the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), Transport Canada, the Canada Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) as well as various industry associations such as CSCB, CIFFA, CITT, and others.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for Managing Regulatory Compliance, Operations Management and Sales support. - Provide technical support to internal and external customers concerning the impact of current and proposed customs legislation on current business activities and future plans. - Training, coaching and mentoring at multiple levels of the organization on all aspects of customs compliance and related issues. - Implement Quality Control programs - Review and appeal AMPS penalties and General Agency Agreements. - Coordinate and conduct internal HS audit process in conjunction with senior management and make recommendations to resolve internal compliance issues. - Familiarity with C-TPAT and PIP concepts and issues is desirable - Refunds, Duty Drawbacks, and corrections reviews
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are requirements of this position;
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience and knowledge, a graduate degree in logistics or international trade would be an asset.
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience working with NAFTA Certificates, HS Tariffs, Refunds, Drawbacks, Amends, Appeals and Rulings including 5 years of managerial experience in the brokerage industry An advanced CIFFA certificate in international freight forwarding and/or international trade is required.
- Must have significant experience in regulatory compliance along with a broad knowledge of global customs requirements, trade laws, maritime, air transportation, surface transportation, distribution (logistics), and rail regulations and policies.
- Up to date comprehensive knowledge of Canada Customs regulations and other Federal agency regulations.
- Strong leadership, management experience, planning, and communication skills.
- The ability to identify, develop and evaluate talent in others is critical in this position.
- Demonstrated commitment to the People Service Profit philosophy of FedEx Trade Networks is essential.
- Sound knowledge of operating policies, procedures, processes and computerized systems.
- CCS and Professional Brokerage license
- Some business travel will be required.
Please submit your applications online.