This position is responsible for selling FTN's services to parties engaged in goal import/export activities to increase assigned territory revenue. The parties include, but are not limited to, prospective and existing customers who can use additional FTN services, carriers and shippers, trade associations and government agencies. This position includes, but is not limited to, working with the Sales Manager to resolve anticipated and unanticipated customer problems in a timely manner and with minimal negative effect on FTN; acting as a liaison with other account and customer service representatives; contributing to the positive morale of the company.
Territory: West Island or South Shore
- With little or no direction, attains or exceeds designed territory objectives for new and existing customers. New business development and account acquisition are a significant component of this role.
- Establishes, implements and documents a strategy that identifies business potential in the territory and forms assigned key accounts
- Obtains, maintains and demonstrates a complete knowledge of all key account business and their needs
- Obtains, maintains and demonstrates a complete knowledge of services offered by FTN T&B and contributes to the development of FTN T&B service/product literature & sales material
- Demonstrates the use of financial marketing and consultative selling
- Understands and effectively uses FTN T&B and other FedEx resources
- Plays a leading role in developing & implementing strategic and tactical marketing programs to meet and exceed required business volumes, in both new and existing business opportunities
- Customer relationships: Develops, documents & executes a territory management program to include calling on existing key accounts
- Customer satisfaction: Demonstrates & maintains knowledge of customer satisfaction survey results & assists in keeping FTN personnel focused on enhancing customer satisfaction to ensure a solid FTN/customer working relationship
- Territory participation: Takes a leadership position in the territory with participation in trade, logistics & transportation associations to ensure FTN has visible presence in the territory.
- Problem management: Resolves issues in a timely manner. Involves management when appropriate. Uses the consulting selling process to gain new business from existing customers / prospects. Participates in the opportunity to take counsel from Senior Account Executives to better achieve growth goals. Identifies opportunities, risks and resources required to achieve revenue objectives.
- Operations: Provides timely & accurate 30/60/90-day forecasts for the respective territory including, expenses, revenue, & new account aquisition
- Controls: Ensures that required reports are timely and accurate
- Ownership: Acts as liaison between Customer & other FTN functional areas (customer service, regional account, coordinators,etc). Obtains materials to maintain industry knowledge appropriate to territory.
- Leadership: Contributes to the positive morale of all FTN associates and in particular, the marketing and sales team. Seeks participation in company-wide programs.
- Provides advice and counsel to less experienced representatives resulting in their increased productivity. Actively participate in training for current sales and marketing teams.
- Provides annual total sales revenues that equal or surpass assigned quotas
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required
- Minimum 6 years of Sales experience with substantial knowledge of international trade service with emphasis on customs regulations and procedures in the U.S., Canada and Mexico as well as transportation procedures and regulations in the three countries
- Excellent listening skills in order to identify customer needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to offer solutions to customer needs & resolve any problems to customer satisfaction
- Self-starter, self-motivated to accomplish sales goals and objectives
- Very good organizational skills and time management to help with territory planning and
- maximize selling time
- Strong self-confidence to assist in developing territory relationships in a highly competitive and price sensitive environment and to capitalize on "cold call" opportunities