3400 employees in more than 74 global locations comprise FedEx Trade Networks.
We are the high-tech solution for international shipping and customs brokerage. Our global teams, firmly in place, assist customers of all sizes to solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally. Maybe that’s why in 2010 Logistics Magazine awarded us with the Quest for Quality-Best Foreign Performance Top Five category award.
Within FedEx Trade Networks is Transport & Brokerage that provides full-service customs brokerage, global ocean and air cargo distribution, North American Transportation and Distribution and other value-added services involved in shipping goods.
This is an exceptional chance for you to build your career with the industry leader in comprehensive global cargo distribution, customs brokerage services and e-commerce solutions. We are growing our global network and our expansion has given rise to the need for experienced and qualified professionals. We offer an excellent salary with a comprehensive package of benefits.
FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage (Canada), Inc. has an immediate opening for a Customs Specialist.
- The main purpose of the Customs Specialist is to provide new and existing customers with regulatory import requirements, duty tax rates to import or export to and from Canada.
- Coordinate large volume NAFTA solicitation and verification projects.
- Solicit customer vendors for origin information and properly completed certificates of origin for various trade agreements.
- Apply for rulings, GST exemptions and deferral programs on behalf of customers.
- Provide regulatory assistance to US AE's, FedEx Services, WAM's, GAM's as required on new business initiatives.
- Job Functions Provide technical support to internal staff/ Classification personnel, Sales, Credit department and CAS with information to confirm application of tariff classification, duty rates and tax status on imported shipments.
- This includes information concerning other government department requirements. (CFIA, Natural Resources, Transport/Health Canada, Environment Canada, CITES etc. Review NAFTA certificates of origin for accuracy and completion within the NAFTA rules of origin.
- Classify commodities from catalogues, lists or other documentation.
- Provide US tariff classifications as required.
- Review import entries for importers under internal Quality Control Programs or Audit by the CBSA.
- Review and analyze detailed adjustment statements in order to provide guidance to the client for appeals/cancellations of rendered decisions.
- Apply for import permits/OGD permits on behalf of clients
- Must have a minimum of 5yrs of experience in the field of customs/HS Classification and other regulatory requirements.
- Must have a High School/ Community College diploma or an equivalent of 2-5yrs work experience.
- The chosen candidate must have their CCS designation or Brokers Licence.
- Abilities required: Good understanding and knowledge of HS Tariff classification, D Memos, CBSA,OGD& Transport Canada guidelines.
- Please submit your applications online.